We offer a comprehensive tyre fitting service covering all brands of tyres. Our extensive garages boast the latest tyre fitting, balancing and alignment equipment so you can be sure your tyres leave us in the most roadworthy condition.
Here’s a few tips to help you stay safe in between visits to The Autoboss!
- Always ensure you keep your tyres at the right pressure as specified in your car’s handbook.
- Help your tyres last longer by keeping extreme braking and acceleration to a minimum and ensuring you don’t take corners too quickly – no Starsky and Hutch driving!
- Check them regularly for any signs of under-inflation, obvious wear and tear and any noticeable bulges in the tyre sidewalls.
- Check for stones, gravel, glass or other bits that may be stuck in the tread.
- Look for signs of excessive or uneven wear to the front tyre as this may indicate a steering alignment problem.
- Bring you car in to have the front tyres balanced if you notice the car vibrating when driven or you feel any ‘wobble’
- Tyre tread should be 3mm deep ideally, to be as safe as possible (legal depth is just 1.6mm).
- 10 year old tyres should be checked as a matter of course.
- Check your spare tyre frequently as even unused ones can deteriorate.
Sometimes the signs of wear and tear may be difficult for the untrained eye to spot so, if in doubt, bring them in for a comprehensive tyre ageing check.Book Now!
Share this Page